History of OJSC "Orsha Aircraft Repair Plant" has its origins in the early days of the Great Patriotic War.
On July 15, 1941, the first order in the history of our company about the formation of the 2nd aircraft repair train of the Air Forces of the Baltic Fleet was signed at the station "Bezzabotnoye" of Leningrad region.
Six covered wagons and a dozen railway platforms was the first military and industrial base of our factory.
Mobile teams of our factory provided repair of airplanes, engines, weapons and special equipment of combat airplanes on aerodromes of Kronstadt, Kirillov, Belgorod, Yaroslavl regions. They made a significant contribution to the protection of ports and airports through which allies in the anti-Hitler coalition arrived to help.
Mobile teams of our factory took part in the heroic defense of Leningrad, their labor and skills were able to overhaul more than 140 airplanes and 180 aircraft engines. For the exemplary following orders, patience, fortitude and courage, the personnel of mobile teams was awarded a medal "For the Defense of Leningrad". They met the Great Victory in Kolberg (Pomerania), where they took an active part in the final defeat of Nazi forces.
From 1941 to 1945 the factory repaired 33 types of combat airplanes, including six types of foreign production, and 25 types of aircraft engines. In particular, the factory repaired airplanes Pe-2, Pe-3, I-16, MiG-3, C-2, P-5, Yak-9, Yak-9U, Yak-1, Yak-7U, LaGG-3, Douglas, Hurricane, Merlin.
On December 16, 1946, the 2nd aircraft repair train reshaped into the 2nd mobile aircraft repair base and was shifted to the airport "Don" of the Black Sea Fleet.
Serial production (started in the early 1950s) of modern long-range bomber TU-16 (a carrier of nuclear weapons) demanded also creation of modern repair facilities.
On July, 1956, the 2nd aircraft repair base was transferred to the Air Force, and on December 24, 1956, got its new location - the airfield "Bolbasovo". Since then, the 2nd aircraft repair base became the 571st aircraft repair plant of Ministry of Defence of the USSR.
The high professionalism of employees, united and coordinated work of the administrative apparatus led to the fact that by 1965 the plant carried out medium repair up to 60 TU-16 airplanes, and by 1970 carried out overhaul of TU-16 airplanes. In 1980, the plant began repair of Tu-22M2 airplanes.
Our company repaired aircrafts (in all): TU-16 - 1726 airplanes; Tu-22M2 - 52 airplanes; TU-22M3 - 14 airplanes. The repair of TU-16 stopped in 1985.
The company started repairing helicopters in 1993.
Today the company is confident in the future. In recent years, the volume of orders for repair has increased by several times. Our partners are dozens of companies and organizations from eight countries. Strong financial position and strict adherence to the company’s contractual obligations have earned the respect of partners and ensure the company stable position on the market of repair of aircraft.